Left Coast Power Yoga IS…
- A dynamic and vigorous flowing practice. Our yoga studios are heated (around 85-90 degrees), but check out current schedule, we have unheated classes too!
- A total-body workout that tones muscles and detoxifies organs.
- Radiant skin and improved energy!
- An open, welcoming community of like-minded folks.
- Intended to be practiced 3 times a week or more.
- Consistent. Students will get the same high quality instruction from any of our teachers.
- A place where gatherings, music, and art happen too!
- Dedicated to volunteering in local schools to bring Yoga to the community.
- All about Semi-Private and Private lessons too!
Left Coast Power Yoga IS NOT…
- Competitive, Judgmental or Egocentric.
- For those that hate to sweat!
- Based on the style of any one Yoga guru. We encourage all students to find their own inner guru… and listen.
- Closed-minded. We welcome feedback from all of our students, just click the link at the bottom of this page!
*Have something to say? Take our anonymous, 1-question survey HERE!*
What’s with the floors?
We have found that wooden floors are uncomfortable on the joints of the body, particularly the knees, thus we provide anti-microbial Zebra Mat floors in both of our locations. There is ½ inch of firm cushion under the knees, elbows, etc, plus the thickness of your Yoga Mat at all times.
What’s with the mirrors?
We hope that you practice with Yoga with us for a long time, and in order to do so, it’s important to practice with correct alignment. Since our number one priority is to keep students safe, we find that mirrors allow students to adjust their alignment based on the teacher’s cues throughout class.
What’s with the heat?
In yoga, a warm environment promotes detoxification and deeper release into the poses.
Our Heated classes are warmed to 88 degrees and our Unheated classes to 75 degrees. We do not offer “Hot” (ie hotter than 100 degree) classes.
Do you have showers?
We have 2 showers at our Uptown location.
Can I practice if I am pregnant?
We recommend not starting Power Yoga if you never have before, check out one of the great Prenatal Yoga classes. However, if you are used to the practice, please keep coming. Just drink more water and take breaks when needed. Pregnant women should NOT practice in a super-heated room (ie 100 degrees or more) but we have found that the 88 degree temp works fine for our yogi mamas! The unheated classes are of course great too.
I can’t sign up online, what should I do?
Just show up for the class you would like to take and we will help you! Please come 10-15 minutes early.
What should I bring?
Just yourself, your mat, and your water bottle. We provide free filtered water. Check our Studio Policies page for more details!